Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Favorite February Flicks

We watch a lot of movies around these parts. Thought I'd share some favorites from this month.

Beasts of the Southern Wild :: This film is so beautiful and so sad all at the same time. I was a literally a puddle at the end. You know, the kind of really embarrassing cry when you start hyperventilating a little. That happened. It was so very worth it, though. Hushpuppy will steal your heart. It's a must see.

Argo :: If you watched the Oscars this week, you know this movie is kind of a big deal. I was on board when I saw Ben Affleck was the director. He recently directed The Town and I just thought that movie was the bee's knees. Argo definitely doesn't disappoint. I even learned a thing or two about history.

Life Is But A Dream :: Beyonce. Enough said, right? This documentary aired on HBO this month and was quite the treat. Loved getting a glimpse into her sweet marriage and pregnancy. Her love for the Lord and her family is so inspiring and refreshing. OK, so I watched it twice. Not even ashamed.

Safety Not Guaranteed :: This movie is simply the cutest. You just can't go wrong with a little romance and sci-fi. So what happens when you answer a classified ad seeking a partner for a time travel expedition? It's pretty magical. You might even cry some happy tears. Two thumbs up.

Sinister :: If you know me, you know I am a huge horror movie buff. I'm always very impressed when a movie actually scares me. Well, Sinister did. Tad didn't find it as scary. Clearly he must have fallen asleep. Ethan Hawke nails it. You will never look at Super 8 film the same. So creepy. You've been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment