Thursday, December 15, 2011

A PROPOSAL

Long overdue, I know. I haven't put our proposal story on public display yet and I thought why not? It's book worthy. Literally. Tad kind of wrote me a book. "The Story of Us" to be exact.

Tad told me we were going to dinner at Cowboy's Bar Be Que in Salado. We love their sour cream potatoes, let it be known. So we arrive and they're closed (little did I know this was all part of his plan). So sneaky that one. He told me since we were in Salado he needed to stop by the Ramsey's cabin to get some equipment for a camping trip the next weekend.

Sidenote: This is the cabin where we took our first walk and also had our first kiss many moons ago. Not on the same night of course. I played a little hard to get. Hey, it worked.

We pulled up to the cabin and he asked me to help him get a few things. We get to the backyard and I see a table, pretty little wildflowers and a book. He tells me to read it. It's our story. I get to the last page (obviously a little teary eyed at this point) and it reads "But, will she say yes?"


That's right. He had the ring carved into the book. I die. So stinkin' sweet. I immediately said yes and he put the biggest diamond ring on my finger. I just love that the three-stone ring represents the past, present and future. It's my most favorite thing ever. He did so good.

He then told me we had a reservation at our favorite restaurant to celebrate. And we did. In fact, we're still celebrating. Can't believe I get to spend the rest of my life with my dearest friend.

P.S. Huge thanks to the Ramsey/Hodges family for letting Tad borrow the casa for our proposal. It was the most perfect place.

P.P.S. Tad is going to love the picture of him straight posing by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment