Monday, September 3, 2012

Central Texas State Fair Fun





Over the weekend, Tad and I went to the Central Texas State Fair in Belton. Let me just say, I never miss out on this fair. It may or may not be because back in 2002 I was crowned Miss Central Texas State Fair. True story. I only competed against four other girls, but that's beside the point. I wore that crown with all of my heart. Oh, the glory days. I guess you could say I kind of have a love affair with this event. Plus when is fun rides, fried food and live music not a good idea? True Texans will say never.

We were in for a surprise when on the stage appeared an old friend from high school. We had no idea Jonathan played bass guitar for Granger Smith. So cool! We weren't able to stay and chat with him after the show, but we did catch up with his sweet sister for a bit. I just love seeing people from this area do big things. CTSF, we'll be back next year. You can count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment